These savory bruschetta bites bring together two of my favorite ingredients: tomatoes and cheese. The simplicity of this dish makes it easy to whip up at the last minute and take along to your picnic or assemble onsite.* It's also a flexible recipe so you can make lots of variations based on what you have in your fridge.
For the whipped feta cheese:
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese (I love the new Greek style cream cheeses that are available)
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese crumbles
In a tupperware bowl, combine the cream cheese and feta crumbles until evenly mixed. Refrigerate (or put in a cooler) until you're ready to assemble the crackers.
To assemble the crackers, bring:
- 1 package of Carrs Original Crackers
- 1 tupperware container of whipped feta cheese (recipe below)
- 1 package/jar of semi-dried tomatoes
- A handful of cherry or grape tomatoes (washed and sliced in halves or quarters)
- 2 scallions for garnishment (you could also garnish with chives, parsley, dill or basil)
Lay out the crackers on a picnic plate. Spread feta cream cheese onto crackers. Layer on sundried tomatoes and fresh tomatoes. Add garnish.
*If assembling onsite don't forget to pack a picnic plate for serving, a spreader to spread on the cream cheese and a knife (and small cutting board). Also a napkin or two to enjoy the bites as finger food.